Ubiquitous Post-it Note Goes Sustainable
Post-it Notes, the sticky pads on everyone’s desks and refrigerators, have been certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
The 3M product has received SFI’s Chain-of-custody Certification for all Post-it Note and Post-it Easel products to be sold in the United States, according to a press release.
The certification indicates that 3M has a tracking system to identify the amount of certified, uncertified and recycled content in the Post-It products.
SFI has certified more than 160 million acres of forests across North America, according to the release. Its standards are based on principles and measures including protecting water quality, biodiversity, wildlife habitat, species at risk and forests with conservation value.
Learn more about 3M’s sustainability efforts here.
Earlier this year, 3M formed a renewable energy division.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant