Ubiquitous Post-it Note Goes Sustainable
Post-it Notes, the sticky pads on everyone’s desks and refrigerators, have been certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
The 3M product has received SFI’s Chain-of-custody Certification for all Post-it Note and Post-it Easel products to be sold in the United States, according to a press release.
The certification indicates that 3M has a tracking system to identify the amount of certified, uncertified and recycled content in the Post-It products.
SFI has certified more than 160 million acres of forests across North America, according to the release. Its standards are based on principles and measures including protecting water quality, biodiversity, wildlife habitat, species at risk and forests with conservation value.
Learn more about 3M’s sustainability efforts here.
Earlier this year, 3M formed a renewable energy division.
Energy Manager News
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter