Ubiquitous Post-it Note Goes Sustainable
Post-it Notes, the sticky pads on everyone’s desks and refrigerators, have been certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
The 3M product has received SFI’s Chain-of-custody Certification for all Post-it Note and Post-it Easel products to be sold in the United States, according to a press release.
The certification indicates that 3M has a tracking system to identify the amount of certified, uncertified and recycled content in the Post-It products.
SFI has certified more than 160 million acres of forests across North America, according to the release. Its standards are based on principles and measures including protecting water quality, biodiversity, wildlife habitat, species at risk and forests with conservation value.
Learn more about 3M’s sustainability efforts here.
Earlier this year, 3M formed a renewable energy division.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 100K Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment