Ubiquitous Post-it Note Goes Sustainable
Post-it Notes, the sticky pads on everyone’s desks and refrigerators, have been certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
The 3M product has received SFI’s Chain-of-custody Certification for all Post-it Note and Post-it Easel products to be sold in the United States, according to a press release.
The certification indicates that 3M has a tracking system to identify the amount of certified, uncertified and recycled content in the Post-It products.
SFI has certified more than 160 million acres of forests across North America, according to the release. Its standards are based on principles and measures including protecting water quality, biodiversity, wildlife habitat, species at risk and forests with conservation value.
Learn more about 3M’s sustainability efforts here.
Earlier this year, 3M formed a renewable energy division.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility