Interchangeable Battery Electric Car Demonstrated
Better Place, a California company, is testing the process for extending the mileage of electric cars by swapping out batteries at strategically placed stations.
At a demonstration in Yokohama, Japan, using a Nissan electric vehicle, the company demonstrated the technology, in which customers would subscribe to a service based on their estimated driving needs. Individual charging stations, not consumers, would own the batteries.
Markets targeted for the service include the United States, Israel, Denmark, Canada and Japan, according to Reuters.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners