Interchangeable Battery Electric Car Demonstrated
Better Place, a California company, is testing the process for extending the mileage of electric cars by swapping out batteries at strategically placed stations.
At a demonstration in Yokohama, Japan, using a Nissan electric vehicle, the company demonstrated the technology, in which customers would subscribe to a service based on their estimated driving needs. Individual charging stations, not consumers, would own the batteries.
Markets targeted for the service include the United States, Israel, Denmark, Canada and Japan, according to Reuters.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working