Interchangeable Battery Electric Car Demonstrated
Better Place, a California company, is testing the process for extending the mileage of electric cars by swapping out batteries at strategically placed stations.
At a demonstration in Yokohama, Japan, using a Nissan electric vehicle, the company demonstrated the technology, in which customers would subscribe to a service based on their estimated driving needs. Individual charging stations, not consumers, would own the batteries.
Markets targeted for the service include the United States, Israel, Denmark, Canada and Japan, according to Reuters.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 100K Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment