Predicted Impacts of $15 CO2 Price on Manufacturing
The U.S. industrial sector is not expected to lose significant market share to foreign competitors operating without carbon-capping regulation, according to the report, “The Competitiveness Impacts of Climate Change Mitigation Policies.”
The study, from the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, predicts that by and large U.S. heavy industries will not move overseas if the U.S. enacts a cap and trade program for carbon emissions, as President Obama seeks.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned