Coke, Pepsi, Inbev Top Sustainability Survey of Food/Bev Firms
In a survey of environmental and sustainability practices at top consumer food and beverage firms, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and and Inbev came out on top.
Among companies surveyed by the Roberts Environmental Center at Calaremont McKenna College, the three with the lowest overall scores were Coca-Cola Enterprises (Coke’s bottling and distributing arm), Pilgrims Pride and Land ‘O Lakes.
Coca-Cola, Groupe Danone and Inbev scored highly in the category of environmental reporting, while PepsiCo., H.J. Heinz Co. and Coca-Cola scored highly in social reporting.
The complete report can be downloaded here.
Here’s a look at areas of CSR reporting that companies engage in.
Finally, here’s a look at how companies did in environmental reporting.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE