Coke, Pepsi, Inbev Top Sustainability Survey of Food/Bev Firms
In a survey of environmental and sustainability practices at top consumer food and beverage firms, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and and Inbev came out on top.
Among companies surveyed by the Roberts Environmental Center at Calaremont McKenna College, the three with the lowest overall scores were Coca-Cola Enterprises (Coke’s bottling and distributing arm), Pilgrims Pride and Land ‘O Lakes.
Coca-Cola, Groupe Danone and Inbev scored highly in the category of environmental reporting, while PepsiCo., H.J. Heinz Co. and Coca-Cola scored highly in social reporting.
The complete report can be downloaded here.
Here’s a look at areas of CSR reporting that companies engage in.
Finally, here’s a look at how companies did in environmental reporting.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland