Coke, Pepsi, Inbev Top Sustainability Survey of Food/Bev Firms
In a survey of environmental and sustainability practices at top consumer food and beverage firms, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and and Inbev came out on top.
Among companies surveyed by the Roberts Environmental Center at Calaremont McKenna College, the three with the lowest overall scores were Coca-Cola Enterprises (Coke’s bottling and distributing arm), Pilgrims Pride and Land ‘O Lakes.
Coca-Cola, Groupe Danone and Inbev scored highly in the category of environmental reporting, while PepsiCo., H.J. Heinz Co. and Coca-Cola scored highly in social reporting.
The complete report can be downloaded here.
Here’s a look at areas of CSR reporting that companies engage in.
Finally, here’s a look at how companies did in environmental reporting.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV