Yahoo! Kicks Off ‘Make It Green’ Promotion
As an example of institutional marketing of its green microsite, Yahoo! has launched a promotion called Make It Green.
Using its broad reach, Yahoo! is inviting the public to submit ideas for green products, ideas and do-it-yourself projects.
The promotion is hosted at the Yahoo! Green Web site.
People whose green product suggestion makes the cut will see their product manufactured, get $2,500 and a share of the sales of the product. The winner also may appear on the Everyday Edisons TV show.
Yahoo! Green surveyed consumers in late 2008, finding that 77 percent consider themselves to be “green.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV