Yahoo! Kicks Off ‘Make It Green’ Promotion
As an example of institutional marketing of its green microsite, Yahoo! has launched a promotion called Make It Green.
Using its broad reach, Yahoo! is inviting the public to submit ideas for green products, ideas and do-it-yourself projects.
The promotion is hosted at the Yahoo! Green Web site.
People whose green product suggestion makes the cut will see their product manufactured, get $2,500 and a share of the sales of the product. The winner also may appear on the Everyday Edisons TV show.
Yahoo! Green surveyed consumers in late 2008, finding that 77 percent consider themselves to be “green.”
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform