Yahoo! Kicks Off ‘Make It Green’ Promotion
As an example of institutional marketing of its green microsite, Yahoo! has launched a promotion called Make It Green.
Using its broad reach, Yahoo! is inviting the public to submit ideas for green products, ideas and do-it-yourself projects.
The promotion is hosted at the Yahoo! Green Web site.
People whose green product suggestion makes the cut will see their product manufactured, get $2,500 and a share of the sales of the product. The winner also may appear on the Everyday Edisons TV show.
Yahoo! Green surveyed consumers in late 2008, finding that 77 percent consider themselves to be “green.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B