Budweiser Cold Beer Storage Building Installs Solar
Markstein Sales Company has installed a 416kW DC solar installation on its Budweiser cold beer storage building in Contra Costa County, California.
The system will cover approximately 60 percent of the 110k square foot building’s energy needs and is estimated by climatecare.org to produce 600,000kWh resulting in a annual savings of approximately $100,000.
“Due to the high temperatures and amount of refrigeration required for this facility, solar panels can help the company shave off its most expensive tier it pays to the utility, resulting in immediate savings,” said Gina Heng, general manager of Mitsubishi Electric’s photovoltaic division.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management