Budweiser Cold Beer Storage Building Installs Solar
Markstein Sales Company has installed a 416kW DC solar installation on its Budweiser cold beer storage building in Contra Costa County, California.
The system will cover approximately 60 percent of the 110k square foot building’s energy needs and is estimated by climatecare.org to produce 600,000kWh resulting in a annual savings of approximately $100,000.
“Due to the high temperatures and amount of refrigeration required for this facility, solar panels can help the company shave off its most expensive tier it pays to the utility, resulting in immediate savings,” said Gina Heng, general manager of Mitsubishi Electric’s photovoltaic division.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20