Budweiser Cold Beer Storage Building Installs Solar
Markstein Sales Company has installed a 416kW DC solar installation on its Budweiser cold beer storage building in Contra Costa County, California.
The system will cover approximately 60 percent of the 110k square foot building’s energy needs and is estimated by climatecare.org to produce 600,000kWh resulting in a annual savings of approximately $100,000.
“Due to the high temperatures and amount of refrigeration required for this facility, solar panels can help the company shave off its most expensive tier it pays to the utility, resulting in immediate savings,” said Gina Heng, general manager of Mitsubishi Electric’s photovoltaic division.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation