Budweiser Cold Beer Storage Building Installs Solar
Markstein Sales Company has installed a 416kW DC solar installation on its Budweiser cold beer storage building in Contra Costa County, California.
The system will cover approximately 60 percent of the 110k square foot building’s energy needs and is estimated by climatecare.org to produce 600,000kWh resulting in a annual savings of approximately $100,000.
“Due to the high temperatures and amount of refrigeration required for this facility, solar panels can help the company shave off its most expensive tier it pays to the utility, resulting in immediate savings,” said Gina Heng, general manager of Mitsubishi Electric’s photovoltaic division.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.