Nestle, Coke, Bud Target Public Arenas for Recycling
Increasingly, companies are putting sponsorship dollars toward support of recycling initiatives at sporting stadiums, public areans and other public venues.
Working with Keep America Beautiful, Nestle Waters North America is providing $10,000 “Recycle On The Go” grants to 12 Keep America Beautiful affiliates. The projects will benefit a variety of locations, including soccer and baseball complexes, public arenas, public parks and more, according to a press release.
Santa Fe, N.M., Akron, Ohio, and Council Bluffs, Iowa, are among the 12 cities to benefit. For a list of the cities and their proposed projects, click here.
Meanwhile, Anheuser-Busch and Coca-Cola are partnering to promote recycling at the 600 Month of May, the 10 days of activities leading up to the Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race May 24. The race formerly was known as the Brickyard 600. During race weekend, the Coca-Cola Recycling Education Vehicle will be at the speedway. The 40-foot trailer, designed to inform and educate fans about the value of recycling, features videos, games and prizes.
Anheuser-Busch and Coca-Cola have placed 400 recycling barrels in strategic positions around the speedway’s display areas, hospitality areas, concourse, infield and suites, according to paddocktalk.com.
Fan Cans has developed sports-themed recycling receptacles, including ones shaped like football helmets, baseball helmets and more, as well as a planned motor sports driver helmet, according to a press release. The Fan Can was first installed at the Washington Nationals sports complex, with 100 such cans being sponsored by Coca-Cola.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight