Nestle, Coke, Bud Target Public Arenas for Recycling
Increasingly, companies are putting sponsorship dollars toward support of recycling initiatives at sporting stadiums, public areans and other public venues.
Working with Keep America Beautiful, Nestle Waters North America is providing $10,000 “Recycle On The Go” grants to 12 Keep America Beautiful affiliates. The projects will benefit a variety of locations, including soccer and baseball complexes, public arenas, public parks and more, according to a press release.
Santa Fe, N.M., Akron, Ohio, and Council Bluffs, Iowa, are among the 12 cities to benefit. For a list of the cities and their proposed projects, click here.
Meanwhile, Anheuser-Busch and Coca-Cola are partnering to promote recycling at the 600 Month of May, the 10 days of activities leading up to the Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race May 24. The race formerly was known as the Brickyard 600. During race weekend, the Coca-Cola Recycling Education Vehicle will be at the speedway. The 40-foot trailer, designed to inform and educate fans about the value of recycling, features videos, games and prizes.
Anheuser-Busch and Coca-Cola have placed 400 recycling barrels in strategic positions around the speedway’s display areas, hospitality areas, concourse, infield and suites, according to paddocktalk.com.
Fan Cans has developed sports-themed recycling receptacles, including ones shaped like football helmets, baseball helmets and more, as well as a planned motor sports driver helmet, according to a press release. The Fan Can was first installed at the Washington Nationals sports complex, with 100 such cans being sponsored by Coca-Cola.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics