PG&E Talks Smart Grids
Andrew Tang, who leads Pacific Gas & Electric’s “Smart Energy Web” program, recently presented his vision of the future of smart grid at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park.
PG&E goes into depth about smart grid technology at its blog.
Earlier this year, Pacific Gas & Electric Co. announced plans to follow in Southern California Edison’s (SCE) footsteps with equity investments in a large-scale renewable energy project. The plans will be similar to SCE’s $875 million, 250-megawatt rooftop solar project, explained Peter Darbee, PG&E’s CEO and chairman.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves