PG&E Talks Smart Grids
Andrew Tang, who leads Pacific Gas & Electric’s “Smart Energy Web” program, recently presented his vision of the future of smart grid at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park.
PG&E goes into depth about smart grid technology at its blog.
Earlier this year, Pacific Gas & Electric Co. announced plans to follow in Southern California Edison’s (SCE) footsteps with equity investments in a large-scale renewable energy project. The plans will be similar to SCE’s $875 million, 250-megawatt rooftop solar project, explained Peter Darbee, PG&E’s CEO and chairman.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry