ConAgra, P&G Among Honorees for Sustainable Packaging
The winners of the 21st DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation for consumer goods include some of the biggest brands in the industry such as Estee Lauder, Whole Foods, ConAgra, Procter & Gamble, and Unilever. Some of these companies teamed up with packaging providers to develop some of the most sustainable packaging that uses recycled and renewable content, reduces raw materials in weight and volume, and uses recyclable and biodegradable materials.
William F. Weber, vice president and general manager for DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers, says the company works with consumer goods companies to redesign their packaging to minimize packaging content and to improve environmental performance.
Click here for a list of the winners and their environmentally-friendly packaging.
According to recent studies, DuPont says, consumers are not backing off from green purchasing despite the economy with 44 percent of consumers reporting that their green buying habits remain unchanged despite the current economy. In addition, one third of consumers say they are more likely to buy green today than previously, and among consumer goods producers, over half (55 percent) say their commitment to sustainability initiatives have not changed and that packaging is their top focus area (76 percent), says DuPont.
Fifty-four percent of shoppers consider environmental sustainability characteristics in their buying decisions, according to a new study released by the Grocery Manufacturers Association.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland