Hydroelectric Projected as Leading Source of Renewable Energy
Much of the growth in world use of renewables toward generating electricity is expected to come from hydroelectric projects, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
This is especially true in developing nations that are not part of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
In OECD nations, wind is expected to account for a good chunk of renewable electricity generation by 2030, according to International Energy Outlook 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike