Hydroelectric Projected as Leading Source of Renewable Energy
Much of the growth in world use of renewables toward generating electricity is expected to come from hydroelectric projects, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
This is especially true in developing nations that are not part of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
In OECD nations, wind is expected to account for a good chunk of renewable electricity generation by 2030, according to International Energy Outlook 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array