Hydroelectric Projected as Leading Source of Renewable Energy
Much of the growth in world use of renewables toward generating electricity is expected to come from hydroelectric projects, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
This is especially true in developing nations that are not part of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
In OECD nations, wind is expected to account for a good chunk of renewable electricity generation by 2030, according to International Energy Outlook 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20