Hydroelectric Projected as Leading Source of Renewable Energy
Much of the growth in world use of renewables toward generating electricity is expected to come from hydroelectric projects, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
This is especially true in developing nations that are not part of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
In OECD nations, wind is expected to account for a good chunk of renewable electricity generation by 2030, according to International Energy Outlook 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Direct Current Powers Building
- Honeywell Acquires Elster for $5.1B
- Business Services Firm Adds Energy Management to its Offerings
- Researchers Find a Way to Capture, Use Lost Solar Energy
- Ideal Power, KACO Converge Energy Storage, Solar
- Constellation Deploys Solar for Baltimore Ravens
- Franklin Energy Wins Contract for Wisconsin Load Limiting Program
- 80% of Businesses Choose Competitive Electricity Retailers in Deregulated Areas