Hydroelectric Projected as Leading Source of Renewable Energy
Much of the growth in world use of renewables toward generating electricity is expected to come from hydroelectric projects, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
This is especially true in developing nations that are not part of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
In OECD nations, wind is expected to account for a good chunk of renewable electricity generation by 2030, according to International Energy Outlook 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Royalpark Homes to Install Solar PV + Energy Storage System
- Wabasha-Kellogg School to Invest $4M in HVAC Upgrade
- Will Boulder County Expand Net-Zero Building Requirements?
- Energy Storage Prospects Bright in Virginia, Ontario
- Sustenir to Use Illumitex LEDs in Singapore Vertical Farming
- Las Vegas Casinos Bet on Competitive Power Vendors
- Biomass: A New Plant and A Possible Conversion
- Researchers Seek to Reduce Energy Use by Motors