Save Money by Monitoring Resource Consumption
Startup Hara Software Inc. has rolled out its software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution that can help companies save millions of dollars by enabling them to monitor and manage their natural resource consumption and environmental impact. The Hara Environmental and Energy Management (Hara EEM) solution measures and manages resource consumption for energy, fossil fuels, water and related waste production such as carbon emissions.
Amit Chatterjee, CEO and co-founder of Hara, says the company’s vision is to enable a post-carbon economy where organizations can grow and profit without depleting the earth’s resources.
The Menlo Park, California-based company was funded in 2008 by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. More than a dozen organizations, including The Coca-Cola Company and the city of Palo Alto, are already using Hara EEM to improve their operational efficiency, says the company. Hara EEM consists of four modules: Discover, Plan, Act and Innovate, which can be purchased separately.
Palo Alto is using Hara’s EEM solution to help the city reduce emissions. The city expects to save about $600,000 per year starting in December, primarily from reduced electricity and gas consumption, according to PCWorld.
“Tracking, analyzing and optimizing energy usage and emission outputs from economic entities is a crucial, additional, new class of enterprise information which will drive future operational and performance excellence,” said Dr. Stephen Stokes, vice resident of sustainability and green technologies at AMR Research, in a press release.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation