Lamborghini Stampedes Toward Hybrid Car
While anathema to some Italian sports car enthusiasts, the Lamborghini of the future may well have a hybrid powertrain.
Known for thirsty V8s and V12s, Lamborghinis epitomize excessive consumption.
But the company, which wants to reduce its emissions 35 percent by 2015, will lean on hybrid technologies to help it achieve the balance, according to USA Today.
Future Lamborghinis, in addition to being more aerodynamic and lighter in weight, may also rely on biofuels.
The company is investing $49 million into new technologies to accomplish the carbon reduction goal, reports FastCompany.
Solar photovoltaic panels at the company’s factory already have helped reduce energy use 20 percent, and last year it introduced a normally aspirated Gallardo LP 560-4 that has 18 percent reduced CO2 emissions.
The North American market has shown a willingness to adopt eco-friendly sports cards. The $100,000 Tesla electric roadster is now being sold in Canada, and there is a waiting list for all buyers.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned