Global Environment Fund, E+Co Top Sustainable Investor List
U.S.-based Global Environment Fund and E+Co were named the top two sustainable investment groups by the Financial Times, which recently unveiled its list of top sustainable banks and other financial institutions for 2009.
The top bank award went to Triodos, which is based in the Netherlands.
Here are some more winners:
Sustainable Bank of the Year
- Winner: Triodos Bank, Netherland
- Runner-up: Standard Chartered, UK
Emerging Markets Sustainable Bank of the Year
- Winner: Itau Unibanco, Brazil
- Regional winner Africa/Middle East: Equity Bank, Kenya
- Regional winner Asia: Industrial Bank, China
- Regional winner Eastern Europe: Industrial Development Bank of Turkey (TSKB)
- Regional winner Latin America: Itau Unibanco
Achievement in Basic Needs Financing
- Winner: MicroEnsure, UK
- Runner-up: Water Capital, Mexico
Achievement in Banking at the Bottom of the Pyramid
- Winner: Root Capital, US
- Runner-up: WIZZIT, South Africa
About 165 entries were received from 117 institutions across 42 countries. Three categories – Achievement in Basic Needs Financing, Banking at the Bottom of the Pyramid, and Sustainable Investor of the Year – were open to non-banking financial institutions as well as banks, according to a press release.
This is the fourth year for the awards.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management