Frisco Resort Saves Energy, Water Through Laundry Upgrade
As part of its recent $100 million renovation, Cavallo Point – The Lodge at the Golden Gate has added a laundry system that contributes to a water-reuse system in which 70 percent of wash water is recycled.
The laundry at Cavallo Point reduces energy consumption through super-high G-force extraction cycles with a final spin speed of 300 Gs.
Cavallo Point, set in historic Fort Baker at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, is applying for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) status.
Other hotels are improving their sustainability credentials.
More than 30 Marriott hotels are being designed or constructed to achieve LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Great Addresses, an independent hotel management company, has purchased 100-percent green energy portfolios for its flagship properties in Washington, D.C., by partnering with World Energy Solutions Inc., which operates online exchanges for energy and green commodities. The hotel management company worked initially with World Energy to procure a 36-month electricity contract with 10-percent green power for its D.C. lodgings, The Carlyle Suites Hotel and The Savoy Suites Hotel.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System