Frisco Resort Saves Energy, Water Through Laundry Upgrade
As part of its recent $100 million renovation, Cavallo Point – The Lodge at the Golden Gate has added a laundry system that contributes to a water-reuse system in which 70 percent of wash water is recycled.
The laundry at Cavallo Point reduces energy consumption through super-high G-force extraction cycles with a final spin speed of 300 Gs.
Cavallo Point, set in historic Fort Baker at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, is applying for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) status.
Other hotels are improving their sustainability credentials.
More than 30 Marriott hotels are being designed or constructed to achieve LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Great Addresses, an independent hotel management company, has purchased 100-percent green energy portfolios for its flagship properties in Washington, D.C., by partnering with World Energy Solutions Inc., which operates online exchanges for energy and green commodities. The hotel management company worked initially with World Energy to procure a 36-month electricity contract with 10-percent green power for its D.C. lodgings, The Carlyle Suites Hotel and The Savoy Suites Hotel.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years