NASDAQ Adds Sustainability Index
The NASDAQ has joined the trend of tracking companies by their sustainability efforts. The NASDAQ OMX CRD Global Sustainability 50 Index tracks companies on the “leading edge of self-reporting sustainability activities,” said NASDAQ OMX Executive Vice President John Jacobs.
According to a press release, the index tracks a company’s efforts to:
- produce a publicly available corporate sustainability/responsibility report;
- disclose compatible sustainability data according to (GRI) G2/G3 guidelines;
- report at least 20 percent of total core environmental performance indicators;
- report at least 20 percent of the total core social performance indicators; and
- report at least 70 percent of the total financial performance indicators.
Earlier this year, the Standard & Poor’s launched the S&P U.S. Carbon Efficient Index, which measures the performance of large cap U.S. companies with relatively low carbon emissions, while closely tracking the return of the S&P 500. The index is part of the S&P’s global thematic index series, which covers green themes including water, forestry, ecology and carbon efficiency.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight