Paper-saving Software Proliferates
The release of the newest version of a paper-saving software follows on the heels of a Blackberry application for calculating the eco-footprint of paper ordering.
GreenPrint Version 2.0 eliminates unwanted pages and reduces printing by 17 percent or more, according to a press release. The new version, which was redesigned around Microsoft’s new XPS print path, has improved waste detection functionality and better output performance, according to GreenPrint Technologies.
The new version also operates 5-10 times faster than the old version.
Meanwhile, for companies ordering paper, a new application that can be downloaded to a Blackberry is touted as a way to improve the practicality of ordering paper.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years