Carbon Management Drives Need for New Business Solution
A new information systems category, Carbon Management Solutions (CMS), is rapidly emerging as businesses try to understand their carbon footprint and the importance of carbon as an asset or liability, according to a new report by AltaTerra Research, Palo Alto, Calif.
The report, “Carbon Management Solutions: Business Value through a New Lens,” covers the changing regulatory and market forces that are making the management of energy use and carbon emissions a strong business strategy. It provides an overview of the business drivers, concepts, and capabilities behind corporate carbon management.
The study also indicates that CMS is helping businesses analyze, monitor, and manage energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, as well as improve related business performance.
According to the report, the emerging CMS market is fragmented with many vendors and a complex range of capabilities for analysis, monitoring, reporting, financial management, and carbon trading. Thirteen vendor solutions are classified and profiled.
The report also discusses key market trends and provides recommendations for companies considering implementation of new carbon management capabilities.
Realizing an industry need for business solutions that help companies monitor and manage their energy use and carbon emissions, software providers such as startup Hara Software and business management software giant SAP s are starting to deliver.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20