Nortel, SunChips Win Effies for Eco Campaigns
Nortel Networks has earned a Gold Effie Award in the “David vs. Goliath” category with its energy-efficiency marketing campaign, while Frito-Lay’s SunChips brand won the bronze Green Award for its “Solar Launch Campaign.”
Created by McCann Worldgroup, Universal McCann and Weber Shandwick, the “Nortel: How much is your network costing you?” campaign, focused on head-to-head competition with Cisco by positioning Nortel network solutions as being up to 40 percent more energy efficient.
In an effort to help businesses reduce energy bills and go green, Nortel launched the campaign to educate owners on energy efficiency. Nortel’s campaign asked the question “How much is your network costing you?” to push customers to an online Energy Efficiency Calculator tool that provides customized facts, determines potential cost savings for businesses, and lets customers look at options side-by-side in order to see true comparisons. Check out the campaign’s YouTube video here.
Frito-Lay’s “Solar Launch Campaign“, created by Juniper Park, OMD and Teehan & Lax, earned the only Green Award this year, which touts that one of its factories that makes SunChips is powered by the sun.
GE, HSBC and Wal-Mart were the inaugural winners of the Green Effie Awards last year.
The winning campaigns: GE’s “Ecomagination Round Two,” created by BBDO New York; Wal-Mart’s “PSP 2007- Personal Sustainability Project,” in partnership with Saatchi & Saatchi S, and HSBC’s “There’s No Small Change,” created by JWT.
Click here for the complete list of this year’s winners.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat