Nortel, SunChips Win Effies for Eco Campaigns
Nortel Networks has earned a Gold Effie Award in the “David vs. Goliath” category with its energy-efficiency marketing campaign, while Frito-Lay’s SunChips brand won the bronze Green Award for its “Solar Launch Campaign.”
Created by McCann Worldgroup, Universal McCann and Weber Shandwick, the “Nortel: How much is your network costing you?” campaign, focused on head-to-head competition with Cisco by positioning Nortel network solutions as being up to 40 percent more energy efficient.
In an effort to help businesses reduce energy bills and go green, Nortel launched the campaign to educate owners on energy efficiency. Nortel’s campaign asked the question “How much is your network costing you?” to push customers to an online Energy Efficiency Calculator tool that provides customized facts, determines potential cost savings for businesses, and lets customers look at options side-by-side in order to see true comparisons. Check out the campaign’s YouTube video here.
Frito-Lay’s “Solar Launch Campaign“, created by Juniper Park, OMD and Teehan & Lax, earned the only Green Award this year, which touts that one of its factories that makes SunChips is powered by the sun.
GE, HSBC and Wal-Mart were the inaugural winners of the Green Effie Awards last year.
The winning campaigns: GE’s “Ecomagination Round Two,” created by BBDO New York; Wal-Mart’s “PSP 2007- Personal Sustainability Project,” in partnership with Saatchi & Saatchi S, and HSBC’s “There’s No Small Change,” created by JWT.
Click here for the complete list of this year’s winners.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments