Lockheed Discusses 29% Commute Alternative Participation Rate
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company, Bay Area has won a 2009 Business Environmental Award from Acterra for its commute services.
The company provides free Eco Passes to its 8,000+ Bay Area employees which include VTA bus and light rail service, and in 2008 implemented a transit reimbursement program for all Space Systems Company employees nationwide. StarShuttle and the Yellow Bike program, a fleet of 250 campus bicycles, are available to employees for intracampus travel.
The company’s 9×80 alternative work schedule, telecommuting, teleconferencing and video conferencing allow employees to reduce the amount of travel to its campuses. The company also offers carpool and vanpool matching services through AlterNetRides and the 511 Regional Rideshare Program.
Through all of these efforts, Lockheed achieved a 29% commute alternative participation rate and an estimated reduction of 6,900 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) from being emitted into Silicon Valley in 2008.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018