Lockheed Discusses 29% Commute Alternative Participation Rate
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company, Bay Area has won a 2009 Business Environmental Award from Acterra for its commute services.
The company provides free Eco Passes to its 8,000+ Bay Area employees which include VTA bus and light rail service, and in 2008 implemented a transit reimbursement program for all Space Systems Company employees nationwide. StarShuttle and the Yellow Bike program, a fleet of 250 campus bicycles, are available to employees for intracampus travel.
The company’s 9×80 alternative work schedule, telecommuting, teleconferencing and video conferencing allow employees to reduce the amount of travel to its campuses. The company also offers carpool and vanpool matching services through AlterNetRides and the 511 Regional Rideshare Program.
Through all of these efforts, Lockheed achieved a 29% commute alternative participation rate and an estimated reduction of 6,900 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) from being emitted into Silicon Valley in 2008.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management