Lockheed Discusses 29% Commute Alternative Participation Rate
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company, Bay Area has won a 2009 Business Environmental Award from Acterra for its commute services.
The company provides free Eco Passes to its 8,000+ Bay Area employees which include VTA bus and light rail service, and in 2008 implemented a transit reimbursement program for all Space Systems Company employees nationwide. StarShuttle and the Yellow Bike program, a fleet of 250 campus bicycles, are available to employees for intracampus travel.
The company’s 9×80 alternative work schedule, telecommuting, teleconferencing and video conferencing allow employees to reduce the amount of travel to its campuses. The company also offers carpool and vanpool matching services through AlterNetRides and the 511 Regional Rideshare Program.
Through all of these efforts, Lockheed achieved a 29% commute alternative participation rate and an estimated reduction of 6,900 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) from being emitted into Silicon Valley in 2008.
Energy Manager News
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures
- Unity College Gets Grant for Greenhouses