Electricity, Heat, Transportation Cause 60% of Emissions
Electricity and heat generation results in 32.4 percent of all greenhouse gases emitted in the United States, according to a new climate report from the government.
Transportation accounts for another 27.2 percent of GHG emissions.
Less than 20 percent comes from industry, industrial waste and industrial processes, according to the report, “Global Climate Change Impacts in the United States.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- MaxLite Introduces LED Lensed Retrofit Kit
- Molson Coors Saves Money, Cuts Emissions With Onsite Power
- RMI Report Traces the Rise of the Battery
- North Carolina’s Clean Energy Sector Adds Jobs, Hikes Revenue
- New Transceivers Boost Energy Efficiency Up to 20%
- Two Universities Gain by Switching Heat from Steam to Hot Water
- BrandSmart Uses PACE Financing to Upgrade
- GE’s Current Offers Energy-as-a-Service