Electricity, Heat, Transportation Cause 60% of Emissions
Electricity and heat generation results in 32.4 percent of all greenhouse gases emitted in the United States, according to a new climate report from the government.
Transportation accounts for another 27.2 percent of GHG emissions.
Less than 20 percent comes from industry, industrial waste and industrial processes, according to the report, “Global Climate Change Impacts in the United States.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Renewable Energy Certificates: Bridge to a Renewable Future
- Have Federal Buildings Found All Possible Energy Efficiency?
- Plug Power Acquires Full Control of HyPulsion for $11.47M
- Trane Expands Lineup of Outdoor Air Handler Units
- Microturbine Converts Flare Gas to Useable Energy
- Light Commercial Packaged Units Earn SEER Rating of 14
- Convention Center Snags $60,000 from PECO for Energy Efficiency
- GE Reignites Energy Storage Business