Molson Coors Cuts CO2 Emissions by 12%
Molson Coors Brewing Company has released its 2008 online corporate responsibility report, which includes several milestones related to environmental performance improvements, including a 12 percent reduction in CO2 emissions.
In 2008, as part of its priorities and targets for 2009, Molson Coors set goals to reduce its energy and water use by four percent. In 2008, the company reduced its energy use by 1 percent and water use by four percent. It also reduced its solid waste generation by 27 percent. The brewing company also initiated third-party verification of environmental data.
Last year, Coors Brewing Company in the U.S. recycled a total of 4,357 tons of cardboard and paper, 3,310 tons of glass, 1,107 tons of aluminum and 264 tons of plastics.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling