Molson Coors Cuts CO2 Emissions by 12%
Molson Coors Brewing Company has released its 2008 online corporate responsibility report, which includes several milestones related to environmental performance improvements, including a 12 percent reduction in CO2 emissions.
In 2008, as part of its priorities and targets for 2009, Molson Coors set goals to reduce its energy and water use by four percent. In 2008, the company reduced its energy use by 1 percent and water use by four percent. It also reduced its solid waste generation by 27 percent. The brewing company also initiated third-party verification of environmental data.
Last year, Coors Brewing Company in the U.S. recycled a total of 4,357 tons of cardboard and paper, 3,310 tons of glass, 1,107 tons of aluminum and 264 tons of plastics.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs