Molson Coors Cuts CO2 Emissions by 12%
Molson Coors Brewing Company has released its 2008 online corporate responsibility report, which includes several milestones related to environmental performance improvements, including a 12 percent reduction in CO2 emissions.
In 2008, as part of its priorities and targets for 2009, Molson Coors set goals to reduce its energy and water use by four percent. In 2008, the company reduced its energy use by 1 percent and water use by four percent. It also reduced its solid waste generation by 27 percent. The brewing company also initiated third-party verification of environmental data.
Last year, Coors Brewing Company in the U.S. recycled a total of 4,357 tons of cardboard and paper, 3,310 tons of glass, 1,107 tons of aluminum and 264 tons of plastics.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight