Molson Coors Cuts CO2 Emissions by 12%
Molson Coors Brewing Company has released its 2008 online corporate responsibility report, which includes several milestones related to environmental performance improvements, including a 12 percent reduction in CO2 emissions.
In 2008, as part of its priorities and targets for 2009, Molson Coors set goals to reduce its energy and water use by four percent. In 2008, the company reduced its energy use by 1 percent and water use by four percent. It also reduced its solid waste generation by 27 percent. The brewing company also initiated third-party verification of environmental data.
Last year, Coors Brewing Company in the U.S. recycled a total of 4,357 tons of cardboard and paper, 3,310 tons of glass, 1,107 tons of aluminum and 264 tons of plastics.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts