T-Mobile Launches Green Coupon Application
T-Mobile, USA, Inc. has unveiled a mobile application that offers discounts on “environmentally conscious” products and services. Available for download, the free-of-charge “Green Perks” application brings customers green-oriented offers and promotions from advertisers that include Method, Jamba Juice, Volcom, Roxy and Quiksilver.
The opt-in Green Perks application delivers electronic coupons directly to customers’ phones, which can be redeemed manually at a store’s point-of-sale systems. Green Perks is part of the wireless product and services company’s recently launched Mobilize initiative, which encompasses multiple products and services designed to help consumers who want to make more eco-friendly choices in their daily lives.
T-Mobile’s Green Perks Web portal lets advertisers create coupons and promotions. Partner brands have control over offer timing and other details, but the offering must qualify as eco-friendly to be listed.
Similarly, for iPhone users, many companies are delivering applications that can help customers find green products. As an example, the Good Guide iPhone application, which is available as a download through Apple’s iTunes App Store or GoodGuide’s Text Messaging application, gives a consumer access to more than 70,000 products and ratings, according to NetSquared.
NetSquared also cites 3rdWhale’s new mobile applications to find green spas, restaurants, and bike rental stores. 3rdWhale also offers a Greenpeace guide to recycled tissue and toilet paper, offering recommendations for brands that contain 100-percent overall recycled content.
iPhone and iPod touch customers can also make sustainable seafood choices via the latest Seafood Watch Recommendations through the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood iPhone application, reports NetSquared.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight