Online Calculator Gauges IT Data Center Costs and Carbon Footprint
A new online calculator allows companies to estimate the carbon footprint and related costs from their data centers, as well as from co-location facilities.
The online tool is designed to help IT professionals and data center managers learn how to cut emissions and expenses by suggesting specific best practices.
About 97 percent of IT professionals feel that it is important for their Internet and ecommerce related businesses to reduce their carbon footprint, yet little real action is underway, according to a February report, Think Eco-Logical – IT Sustainability Imperatives in Internet and eCommerce Business, by BPM Forum and its Global Renewable Energy and Environmental Network
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland