Online Calculator Gauges IT Data Center Costs and Carbon Footprint
A new online calculator allows companies to estimate the carbon footprint and related costs from their data centers, as well as from co-location facilities.
The online tool is designed to help IT professionals and data center managers learn how to cut emissions and expenses by suggesting specific best practices.
About 97 percent of IT professionals feel that it is important for their Internet and ecommerce related businesses to reduce their carbon footprint, yet little real action is underway, according to a February report, Think Eco-Logical – IT Sustainability Imperatives in Internet and eCommerce Business, by BPM Forum and its Global Renewable Energy and Environmental Network
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works