Online Calculator Gauges IT Data Center Costs and Carbon Footprint
A new online calculator allows companies to estimate the carbon footprint and related costs from their data centers, as well as from co-location facilities.
The online tool is designed to help IT professionals and data center managers learn how to cut emissions and expenses by suggesting specific best practices.
About 97 percent of IT professionals feel that it is important for their Internet and ecommerce related businesses to reduce their carbon footprint, yet little real action is underway, according to a February report, Think Eco-Logical – IT Sustainability Imperatives in Internet and eCommerce Business, by BPM Forum and its Global Renewable Energy and Environmental Network
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV