Online Calculator Gauges IT Data Center Costs and Carbon Footprint
A new online calculator allows companies to estimate the carbon footprint and related costs from their data centers, as well as from co-location facilities.
The online tool is designed to help IT professionals and data center managers learn how to cut emissions and expenses by suggesting specific best practices.
About 97 percent of IT professionals feel that it is important for their Internet and ecommerce related businesses to reduce their carbon footprint, yet little real action is underway, according to a February report, Think Eco-Logical – IT Sustainability Imperatives in Internet and eCommerce Business, by BPM Forum and its Global Renewable Energy and Environmental Network
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation