Online Calculator Gauges IT Data Center Costs and Carbon Footprint
A new online calculator allows companies to estimate the carbon footprint and related costs from their data centers, as well as from co-location facilities.
The online tool is designed to help IT professionals and data center managers learn how to cut emissions and expenses by suggesting specific best practices.
About 97 percent of IT professionals feel that it is important for their Internet and ecommerce related businesses to reduce their carbon footprint, yet little real action is underway, according to a February report, Think Eco-Logical – IT Sustainability Imperatives in Internet and eCommerce Business, by BPM Forum and its Global Renewable Energy and Environmental Network
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data