Consumers Prefer ‘100% Natural’ Label Over ‘Organic’
In a study of consumer opinions of marketing claims, survey respondents identified most with the “100 percent natural” claim, according to research conducted by the Shelton Group.
The EcoPulse survey found that 60 percent of Americans say they’re looking for greener products.
Consumers said they were searching for greener products mostly in the following three product categories:
- Home cleaning products — 75 percent
- Food and beverages — 65 percent
- Personal care products (shampoo, lotion, etc.) – 55 percent
More survey results are available here. The survey was conducted in April and May among 1,006 consumers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Renewable Energy Certificates: Bridge to a Renewable Future
- Have Federal Buildings Found All Possible Energy Efficiency?
- Plug Power Acquires Full Control of HyPulsion for $11.47M
- Trane Expands Lineup of Outdoor Air Handler Units
- Microturbine Converts Flare Gas to Useable Energy
- Light Commercial Packaged Units Earn SEER Rating of 14
- Convention Center Snags $60,000 from PECO for Energy Efficiency
- GE Reignites Energy Storage Business