Global Accounting Groups Commit to Sustainability Practices
The Prince of Wales’ Accounting for Sustainability Forum has announced that its 16 global accounting body members have signed the Forum’s five sustainability principles. The forum claims this is the first time that a global group of accounting bodies has committed to a set of sustainability principles. The signatories include the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
The forum’s principles promote “connected reporting” — reporting that connects an organization’s sustainability impacts with its financial performance more clearly and consistently — and commits participants to collaborative research and training in this area.
By signing the sustainability principles, participants acknowledge the role that accounting for sustainability must play in providing decision makers with the information they need, but also educating tomorrow’s accountants to embed sustainability throughout the profession, said the forum.
The five principles of the Accounting for Sustainability Forum are to: influence and inform, lead by example, drive thought leadership, collaborate through the Forum, and incorporate accounting for sustainability within training and professional education.
The accounting bodies who have signed the Accounting for Sustainability Forum’s Principles are:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Accountants of Canada (CICA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB)
- Global Accounting Alliance (GAA)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer in Deutschland (IDW Germany)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (JICPA)
- New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls