E Ink POS Display Charges Via Artificial Light
For retailers wanting to add E Ink point of sale (POS) advertising displays throughout their stores, a new model has the extra benefit of being able to recharge itself from regular indoor lighting.
The POS display from Neoluxiim has a thin display that measures 7.5 mm in depth, with a maximum display of 26 X 12 cm. The battery in the device allows it to function for up to 18 months. It runs off rays from standard indoor lighting.
The device uses E Ink, the same technology that powers the Amazon Kindle book reader. E Ink uses less power than traditional displays because it requires less energy to maintain an image. See a description of the technology here.
Energy Manager News
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant
- Schneider Electric Working with 3 NJ School Districts
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 14, 2016