Naya Goes to 50% Recycled Bottle
In its new water bottle, Naya has adopted a mixture of 50 percent recycled plastic. The bottle is the result of seven years of research and development, according to a press release.
Quebec-based Naya calls it the “greenest” bottle of water available in the Canadian market.
Since 2005, here are some examples of Naya’s recycling and sustainability efforts:
- 16 percent reduction in the quantity of plastic used to manufacture 500-ml bottles.
- 2.5 percent reduction in the quantity of plastic used to manufacture bottle caps.
- 23.7 percent reduction of cardboard used for packaging.
Increasingly, the packaging industry is increasing its efforts to deliver sustainable plastic bottles and packaging to food and drink manufacturers and retailers, and in some cases, offering recycling services to turn plastic waste into sustainable materials.
Bottled water company Native Waters, LLC, based in Fall River, Mass., is introducing Native Water, a sustainable bottled water in environmentally friendly packaging. Locally sourced and packaged in biodegradable bottles, Native Water is also 100 percent natural and organic, according to the company.
Native Water is bottled in ENSO biodegradable PET plastic bottles, which are produced with Ecopure, an additive that allows the bottles to be metabolized and neutralized on a microbial level to break down the plastic.
Naked Juice, which is a subsidiary of PepsiCo., is using post-consumer recycled PET for its clear 32-ounce plastic bottles.
In 2010 the juice company will adopt PCR PET for all of its bottles, at which point the company estimates its bottles will save the equivalent of 57,000 barrels of oil annually.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project