Naya Goes to 50% Recycled Bottle
In its new water bottle, Naya has adopted a mixture of 50 percent recycled plastic. The bottle is the result of seven years of research and development, according to a press release.
Quebec-based Naya calls it the “greenest” bottle of water available in the Canadian market.
Since 2005, here are some examples of Naya’s recycling and sustainability efforts:
- 16 percent reduction in the quantity of plastic used to manufacture 500-ml bottles.
- 2.5 percent reduction in the quantity of plastic used to manufacture bottle caps.
- 23.7 percent reduction of cardboard used for packaging.
Increasingly, the packaging industry is increasing its efforts to deliver sustainable plastic bottles and packaging to food and drink manufacturers and retailers, and in some cases, offering recycling services to turn plastic waste into sustainable materials.
Bottled water company Native Waters, LLC, based in Fall River, Mass., is introducing Native Water, a sustainable bottled water in environmentally friendly packaging. Locally sourced and packaged in biodegradable bottles, Native Water is also 100 percent natural and organic, according to the company.
Native Water is bottled in ENSO biodegradable PET plastic bottles, which are produced with Ecopure, an additive that allows the bottles to be metabolized and neutralized on a microbial level to break down the plastic.
Naked Juice, which is a subsidiary of PepsiCo., is using post-consumer recycled PET for its clear 32-ounce plastic bottles.
In 2010 the juice company will adopt PCR PET for all of its bottles, at which point the company estimates its bottles will save the equivalent of 57,000 barrels of oil annually.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 100K Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment