Finnair Adds Web Tool to Calculate Business Travel Carbon Footprint
As companies begin to tabulate the environmental impact of their business travel, a European airline has added an online tool to help employees calculate their own personal carbon footprint.
Finnair designed the tool for companies that purchase tickets on long routes, such as between Europe and Asia, reports GreenAirOnline.
Finnair has been updating its fleet to lower-emission planes, and it offers more direct routes between Europe and Asia, with planes carrying lighter fuel loads.
A single direct flight from Helsinki to Hong Kong, for instance, generates nearly 580 kilograms of emissions per passenger, compared to 886 kg with a stopover in Paris, 733 kg via Copenhagen and 831 kg via Amsterdam.
Finnair flies direct from major airports in New York City, London, Berlin, Barcelona and others. Access the online calculator here.
Energy Manager News
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense