Finnair Adds Web Tool to Calculate Business Travel Carbon Footprint
As companies begin to tabulate the environmental impact of their business travel, a European airline has added an online tool to help employees calculate their own personal carbon footprint.
Finnair designed the tool for companies that purchase tickets on long routes, such as between Europe and Asia, reports GreenAirOnline.
Finnair has been updating its fleet to lower-emission planes, and it offers more direct routes between Europe and Asia, with planes carrying lighter fuel loads.
A single direct flight from Helsinki to Hong Kong, for instance, generates nearly 580 kilograms of emissions per passenger, compared to 886 kg with a stopover in Paris, 733 kg via Copenhagen and 831 kg via Amsterdam.
Finnair flies direct from major airports in New York City, London, Berlin, Barcelona and others. Access the online calculator here.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators