Finnair Adds Web Tool to Calculate Business Travel Carbon Footprint
As companies begin to tabulate the environmental impact of their business travel, a European airline has added an online tool to help employees calculate their own personal carbon footprint.
Finnair designed the tool for companies that purchase tickets on long routes, such as between Europe and Asia, reports GreenAirOnline.
Finnair has been updating its fleet to lower-emission planes, and it offers more direct routes between Europe and Asia, with planes carrying lighter fuel loads.
A single direct flight from Helsinki to Hong Kong, for instance, generates nearly 580 kilograms of emissions per passenger, compared to 886 kg with a stopover in Paris, 733 kg via Copenhagen and 831 kg via Amsterdam.
Finnair flies direct from major airports in New York City, London, Berlin, Barcelona and others. Access the online calculator here.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency