Finnair Adds Web Tool to Calculate Business Travel Carbon Footprint
As companies begin to tabulate the environmental impact of their business travel, a European airline has added an online tool to help employees calculate their own personal carbon footprint.
Finnair designed the tool for companies that purchase tickets on long routes, such as between Europe and Asia, reports GreenAirOnline.
Finnair has been updating its fleet to lower-emission planes, and it offers more direct routes between Europe and Asia, with planes carrying lighter fuel loads.
A single direct flight from Helsinki to Hong Kong, for instance, generates nearly 580 kilograms of emissions per passenger, compared to 886 kg with a stopover in Paris, 733 kg via Copenhagen and 831 kg via Amsterdam.
Finnair flies direct from major airports in New York City, London, Berlin, Barcelona and others. Access the online calculator here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B