British Embassy in Berlin Gets Energy Efficiency Makeover
The British Embassy in Berlin as been certified under the BREEAM In-Use program for existing buildings, making it one of the first buildings to be certified under the green building designation for existing buildings.
As part of the upgrades to the embassy, the building now features 19 energy meters controlling the heating and cooling in different building zones, according to a press release.
The building earned a “Very Good” rating for Part 1: Asset Performance and Part 2: Building Management Performance under the scheme.
The upgrades were performed by Johnson Controls Global WorkPlace Solutions.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment