British Embassy in Berlin Gets Energy Efficiency Makeover
The British Embassy in Berlin as been certified under the BREEAM In-Use program for existing buildings, making it one of the first buildings to be certified under the green building designation for existing buildings.
As part of the upgrades to the embassy, the building now features 19 energy meters controlling the heating and cooling in different building zones, according to a press release.
The building earned a “Very Good” rating for Part 1: Asset Performance and Part 2: Building Management Performance under the scheme.
The upgrades were performed by Johnson Controls Global WorkPlace Solutions.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned