AirTran Serves up ‘Carbon Neutral’ Bottled Water
Airtran, a budget airline, may seem an unlikely place for such an extravagance as bottled water that has been certified carbon neutral. However, the airline is now serving Icelandic Glacial, a water featuring a bottle made of fully recyclable PET plastic from a Carbon Neutral certified bottler in Iceland.
Icelandic Glacial water, which is produced using exclusively geothermal and hydroelectric power to fuel production, already is available on Icelandic national airline Icelandair and private business jet operator Netjets Europe.
Icelandic Glacial recently was featured on the Today show. Click here to see the video.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables