AirTran Serves up ‘Carbon Neutral’ Bottled Water
Airtran, a budget airline, may seem an unlikely place for such an extravagance as bottled water that has been certified carbon neutral. However, the airline is now serving Icelandic Glacial, a water featuring a bottle made of fully recyclable PET plastic from a Carbon Neutral certified bottler in Iceland.
Icelandic Glacial water, which is produced using exclusively geothermal and hydroelectric power to fuel production, already is available on Icelandic national airline Icelandair and private business jet operator Netjets Europe.
Icelandic Glacial recently was featured on the Today show. Click here to see the video.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management