AirTran Serves up ‘Carbon Neutral’ Bottled Water
Airtran, a budget airline, may seem an unlikely place for such an extravagance as bottled water that has been certified carbon neutral. However, the airline is now serving Icelandic Glacial, a water featuring a bottle made of fully recyclable PET plastic from a Carbon Neutral certified bottler in Iceland.
Icelandic Glacial water, which is produced using exclusively geothermal and hydroelectric power to fuel production, already is available on Icelandic national airline Icelandair and private business jet operator Netjets Europe.
Icelandic Glacial recently was featured on the Today show. Click here to see the video.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works