AirTran Serves up ‘Carbon Neutral’ Bottled Water
Airtran, a budget airline, may seem an unlikely place for such an extravagance as bottled water that has been certified carbon neutral. However, the airline is now serving Icelandic Glacial, a water featuring a bottle made of fully recyclable PET plastic from a Carbon Neutral certified bottler in Iceland.
Icelandic Glacial water, which is produced using exclusively geothermal and hydroelectric power to fuel production, already is available on Icelandic national airline Icelandair and private business jet operator Netjets Europe.
Icelandic Glacial recently was featured on the Today show. Click here to see the video.
Energy Manager News
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program