AirTran Serves up ‘Carbon Neutral’ Bottled Water
Airtran, a budget airline, may seem an unlikely place for such an extravagance as bottled water that has been certified carbon neutral. However, the airline is now serving Icelandic Glacial, a water featuring a bottle made of fully recyclable PET plastic from a Carbon Neutral certified bottler in Iceland.
Icelandic Glacial water, which is produced using exclusively geothermal and hydroelectric power to fuel production, already is available on Icelandic national airline Icelandair and private business jet operator Netjets Europe.
Icelandic Glacial recently was featured on the Today show. Click here to see the video.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment