Cape Cod Wind Farm Closer, but Still Generating Opposition
A proposed offshore wind development off of Nantucket Sound, Mass., continues to polarize the public. The project, which would produce about 75 percent of the electricity needed by the area, is fiercely opposed by tourism advocates, who fear that the wind turbines, towering 440 feet over the water, would decrease the tourism trade, Reuters reports.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation