P&G’s Dawn Embraces Social Media for Enviro-Messaging
In addition to using Facebook, the Dawn brand is running a multi-channel cause campaign through October combining a microsite, video advertising, packaging and shopper participation. The cause: to build donations of up to $500,000 for the Marine Mammal Center.
As a component of the Web marketing, Procter & Gamble’s Dawn brand is downplayed somewhat, since the emphasis is on raising money for the center, P&G home care rep Susan Baba told BrandWeek.
In stores, consumers will find limited edition store packaging that encourages them to help by purchasing a bottle of Dawn and go to dawnsaveswildlife.com to enter a batch code. For every code entered, P&G will donate a dollar to the center. Customers must enter their information on the site.
From that site, users are encouraged to visit the Facebook page, “Everyday Wildlife Champions,” which has more than 6,100 fans.
As of Aug. 6, the campaign has generated $20,261 for the cause.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables