Deloitte Opens Center for Sustainability Performance
Consulting firm Deloitte sees great enough promise in the sustainability sector that it has opened a new business unit dedicated to the sector.
The Center for Sustainability Performance will provide on-site client training, research and development, with an emphasis on corporate sustainability measurement and reporting, according to a press release.
The center is led by Mark McElroy, former executive director of the Center for Sustainable Innovation and creator of the Social Footprint Method, a procedure for measuring and reporting the social sustainability performance of organizations.
Additionally, Deloitte will offer Global Reporting Initiative-certified sustainability reporting training courses at its offices throughout the U.S. and Canada through a partnership with LEAD Canada, a GRI-certified training organization.
Deloitte’s new Center for Sustainability Performance will offer the following services:
- Research and development in sustainability measurement and reporting
- Publication of white papers and research reports on performance related topics of interest to corporate sustainability managers
- Client training on corporate sustainability management, measurement and reporting
- A demonstration facility for sustainability-related functionality in ERP package solutions
- Development of a Sustainability Measurement and Reporting Maturity Model
- Consulting and sales support on sustainability-related efforts
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action