Deloitte Opens Center for Sustainability Performance
Consulting firm Deloitte sees great enough promise in the sustainability sector that it has opened a new business unit dedicated to the sector.
The Center for Sustainability Performance will provide on-site client training, research and development, with an emphasis on corporate sustainability measurement and reporting, according to a press release.
The center is led by Mark McElroy, former executive director of the Center for Sustainable Innovation and creator of the Social Footprint Method, a procedure for measuring and reporting the social sustainability performance of organizations.
Additionally, Deloitte will offer Global Reporting Initiative-certified sustainability reporting training courses at its offices throughout the U.S. and Canada through a partnership with LEAD Canada, a GRI-certified training organization.
Deloitte’s new Center for Sustainability Performance will offer the following services:
- Research and development in sustainability measurement and reporting
- Publication of white papers and research reports on performance related topics of interest to corporate sustainability managers
- Client training on corporate sustainability management, measurement and reporting
- A demonstration facility for sustainability-related functionality in ERP package solutions
- Development of a Sustainability Measurement and Reporting Maturity Model
- Consulting and sales support on sustainability-related efforts
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves