Deloitte Opens Center for Sustainability Performance
Consulting firm Deloitte sees great enough promise in the sustainability sector that it has opened a new business unit dedicated to the sector.
The Center for Sustainability Performance will provide on-site client training, research and development, with an emphasis on corporate sustainability measurement and reporting, according to a press release.
The center is led by Mark McElroy, former executive director of the Center for Sustainable Innovation and creator of the Social Footprint Method, a procedure for measuring and reporting the social sustainability performance of organizations.
Additionally, Deloitte will offer Global Reporting Initiative-certified sustainability reporting training courses at its offices throughout the U.S. and Canada through a partnership with LEAD Canada, a GRI-certified training organization.
Deloitte’s new Center for Sustainability Performance will offer the following services:
- Research and development in sustainability measurement and reporting
- Publication of white papers and research reports on performance related topics of interest to corporate sustainability managers
- Client training on corporate sustainability management, measurement and reporting
- A demonstration facility for sustainability-related functionality in ERP package solutions
- Development of a Sustainability Measurement and Reporting Maturity Model
- Consulting and sales support on sustainability-related efforts
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark