Aluminum Can Recycling Inches Upward
The rate of growth is slow, at 0.4 percent, but the percentage of aluminum cans recycled continues to grow year over year.
In 2008, 54.2 percent of aluminum cans produced in the U.S. were recycled, up from 53.8 percent in 2007, according to a press release.
In all, however, the total pounds of aluminum cans collected is trending downward, perhaps indicative of lower consumption of beverages due to the economy.
In 2008, 1.557 billion pounds of aluminum cans were collected, down from 1.576 billion pounds in 2007, according to the Aluminum Association, Can Manufacturers Institute and the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M