Aluminum Can Recycling Inches Upward
The rate of growth is slow, at 0.4 percent, but the percentage of aluminum cans recycled continues to grow year over year.
In 2008, 54.2 percent of aluminum cans produced in the U.S. were recycled, up from 53.8 percent in 2007, according to a press release.
In all, however, the total pounds of aluminum cans collected is trending downward, perhaps indicative of lower consumption of beverages due to the economy.
In 2008, 1.557 billion pounds of aluminum cans were collected, down from 1.576 billion pounds in 2007, according to the Aluminum Association, Can Manufacturers Institute and the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Drought Roils California Energy Landscape
- GRESB Report Shows Progress in Real Estate Energy Practices
- Singapore Commercial Building Energy Use Slows
- Enterprise, Alabama, Gradually Upgrading School Energy
- Meter Analytics Firm Aquicore Gets Seed Money
- The NHL Gets an Assist on Arena LED Deployment
- Energy Storage Sector Booming
- 2015 Solar Gen Is 31 Times Higher Than 2005