Aluminum Can Recycling Inches Upward
The rate of growth is slow, at 0.4 percent, but the percentage of aluminum cans recycled continues to grow year over year.
In 2008, 54.2 percent of aluminum cans produced in the U.S. were recycled, up from 53.8 percent in 2007, according to a press release.
In all, however, the total pounds of aluminum cans collected is trending downward, perhaps indicative of lower consumption of beverages due to the economy.
In 2008, 1.557 billion pounds of aluminum cans were collected, down from 1.576 billion pounds in 2007, according to the Aluminum Association, Can Manufacturers Institute and the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat