Aluminum Can Recycling Inches Upward
The rate of growth is slow, at 0.4 percent, but the percentage of aluminum cans recycled continues to grow year over year.
In 2008, 54.2 percent of aluminum cans produced in the U.S. were recycled, up from 53.8 percent in 2007, according to a press release.
In all, however, the total pounds of aluminum cans collected is trending downward, perhaps indicative of lower consumption of beverages due to the economy.
In 2008, 1.557 billion pounds of aluminum cans were collected, down from 1.576 billion pounds in 2007, according to the Aluminum Association, Can Manufacturers Institute and the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Royalpark Homes to Install Solar PV + Energy Storage System
- Wabasha-Kellogg School to Invest $4M in HVAC Upgrade
- Will Boulder County Expand Net-Zero Building Requirements?
- Energy Storage Prospects Bright in Virginia, Ontario
- Sustenir to Use Illumitex LEDs in Singapore Vertical Farming
- Las Vegas Casinos Bet on Competitive Power Vendors
- Biomass: A New Plant and A Possible Conversion
- Researchers Seek to Reduce Energy Use by Motors