Aluminum Can Recycling Inches Upward
The rate of growth is slow, at 0.4 percent, but the percentage of aluminum cans recycled continues to grow year over year.
In 2008, 54.2 percent of aluminum cans produced in the U.S. were recycled, up from 53.8 percent in 2007, according to a press release.
In all, however, the total pounds of aluminum cans collected is trending downward, perhaps indicative of lower consumption of beverages due to the economy.
In 2008, 1.557 billion pounds of aluminum cans were collected, down from 1.576 billion pounds in 2007, according to the Aluminum Association, Can Manufacturers Institute and the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries.
Energy Manager News
- Study: State RPS Policies Have Yielded Sizable Consumer Savings
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- WGL Extends Energy Management Platform
- Fort Hood Pushing Renewables
- Tire Store Going Solar in Billings
- Pardeeville Hikes Homeowner Costs, Offers Large Customers TOD Rates
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble