Good Company Seal: Responsible Firms Only Apply
A new seal of approval is intended to steer consumers to companies that operate under best practices in corporate social responsibility, including the environment.
In addition to not harming the environment, to receive the Good Company Seal a firm must demonstrate proper treatment of its employees, suppliers, consumers and the community it operates in, according to a press release.
The Good Company Seal is being developed and marketed by Iconoclasts Inc.
Qualifying companies can use the seal on all product packaging, signage, consumer and trade advertising, as well as public relations communications.
Applications are reviewed by an committee comprised of consumers, researchers and business professionals who agree to a strict code of ethics, to ensure that companies carrying the Good Company Seal have met the qualifications.
This is not the only consumers’ seal of approval regarding the environment or corporate social responsibility.
A new federal ‘BioPreferred” label would give marketers of certain products – those composed “wholly or significantly of renewable plant, animal, marine or forestry materials” – a new way to present their products on retail shelves. Additionally, companies using the items in their operations might be able to claim a certain level of environmental stewardship. The voluntary label program, proposed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, could apply to up to 15,000 products already on the market.
Good Housekeeping magazine, renowned for its Seal of Approval, is adding a Green Seal of Approval, as well.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics