Xerox, Accenture, CSC Atop List of Green Outsourcing Vendors
For companies looking to outsource business services and minimize impact on the environment, a new list shows the top 50 green outsourcing vendors.
The Black Book of Outsourcing has put together its 2009 lists, including ones for outsourcing of infrastructure services, business process outsourcing (BPO), knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) and outsourcing of call centers. In all, there are 15 lists.
In creating the lists, in excess of 1,300 respondents were surveyed about third party service providers interactions.
For the list of the top 50 green outsourcing vendors, the Black Book of Outsourcing accounted for a company’s environmental protection, social improvements and economic growth, plus third-party standards such as:
- the U.N.’s Global Compact for social, economic and environmental principles
- the International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) standards 14000 and 14001
- the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED standard
- Green Sigma, IBM’s sustainability consulting service, which is based on Six Sigma principles.
Here is the complete list of the top 50 green outsourcing vendors.
Rank and company name
- IBM Global
- WNS Global
- Hewlett Packard/EDS
- Perot Systems
- Océ Business Services
- Atos Origin
- T Systems
- Orange Business Services
- CH2M Hill
- Steria Xansa
- Innodata Isogen
- Océ Convergys
- Sun Microsystems
- RR Donnelley
- UST Global
- Northrop Grumann
- Pitney Bowes
- Tata Consultancy Services
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’