Guide to Help Businesses Improve Travel-related CSR Metrics
A new guide released by the National Business Travel Association (NBTA) will help companies establish travel-related corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives based on a five-step implementation plan. The enhanced NBTA CSR Toolkit offers businesses added insights into emerging CSR concepts, said NBTA.
The interactive resource guide provides corporate travel managers with various solutions to help them meet their sustainable travel management goals. These include integrating technologies such as video web meetings and telepresence systems, and adding responsible procurement to their sustainable initiatives.
The guide also provides a list of questions that address suppliers’ sustainability credentials, which are organized by travel sector including airlines, ground transportation, and meetings and events. A vendor response evaluation process is also provided.
The toolkit also provides guides to calculating carbon footprint and offsetting emissions. NBTA’s own CSR efforts include carbon offsetting the carbon footprint of its annual convention with Carbonfund.org.
Energy Manager News
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money