Guide to Help Businesses Improve Travel-related CSR Metrics
A new guide released by the National Business Travel Association (NBTA) will help companies establish travel-related corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives based on a five-step implementation plan. The enhanced NBTA CSR Toolkit offers businesses added insights into emerging CSR concepts, said NBTA.
The interactive resource guide provides corporate travel managers with various solutions to help them meet their sustainable travel management goals. These include integrating technologies such as video web meetings and telepresence systems, and adding responsible procurement to their sustainable initiatives.
The guide also provides a list of questions that address suppliers’ sustainability credentials, which are organized by travel sector including airlines, ground transportation, and meetings and events. A vendor response evaluation process is also provided.
The toolkit also provides guides to calculating carbon footprint and offsetting emissions. NBTA’s own CSR efforts include carbon offsetting the carbon footprint of its annual convention with Carbonfund.org.
Energy Manager News
- Two Laws Set an Aggressive Energy Course for California
- Singapore Testing Floating Solar Panels
- Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison
- A Simple Fix to Save Energy in NYC
- Connecticut, The Microgrid State
- More Large Green Buildings, Still Few Small Ones