Guide to Help Businesses Improve Travel-related CSR Metrics
A new guide released by the National Business Travel Association (NBTA) will help companies establish travel-related corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives based on a five-step implementation plan. The enhanced NBTA CSR Toolkit offers businesses added insights into emerging CSR concepts, said NBTA.
The interactive resource guide provides corporate travel managers with various solutions to help them meet their sustainable travel management goals. These include integrating technologies such as video web meetings and telepresence systems, and adding responsible procurement to their sustainable initiatives.
The guide also provides a list of questions that address suppliers’ sustainability credentials, which are organized by travel sector including airlines, ground transportation, and meetings and events. A vendor response evaluation process is also provided.
The toolkit also provides guides to calculating carbon footprint and offsetting emissions. NBTA’s own CSR efforts include carbon offsetting the carbon footprint of its annual convention with Carbonfund.org.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Singapore Commercial Building Energy Use Slows
- Enterprise, Alabama, Gradually Upgrading School Energy
- Meter Analytics Firm Aquicore Gets Seed Money
- The NHL Gets an Assist on Arena LED Deployment
- Energy Storage Sector Booming
- 2015 Solar Gen Is 31 Times Higher Than 2005
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”