American Airlines Recycling Wine Corks
At its numerous Admirals Club locations, American Airlines will begin recycling wine corks to prevent them from ending up in landfills.
ReCork says that 13 billion natural cork wine closures are sold each year, the vast majority ending up in landfills.
The cork recycling program will divert the corks to manufacture of footwear and flooring.
Some wineries are taking steps to ensure that their cork is harvested sustainably. For instance, Willamette Valley Vineyards uses cork stoppers harvested from responsibly managed forestlands certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV