American Airlines Recycling Wine Corks
At its numerous Admirals Club locations, American Airlines will begin recycling wine corks to prevent them from ending up in landfills.
ReCork says that 13 billion natural cork wine closures are sold each year, the vast majority ending up in landfills.
The cork recycling program will divert the corks to manufacture of footwear and flooring.
Some wineries are taking steps to ensure that their cork is harvested sustainably. For instance, Willamette Valley Vineyards uses cork stoppers harvested from responsibly managed forestlands certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE