American Airlines Recycling Wine Corks
At its numerous Admirals Club locations, American Airlines will begin recycling wine corks to prevent them from ending up in landfills.
ReCork says that 13 billion natural cork wine closures are sold each year, the vast majority ending up in landfills.
The cork recycling program will divert the corks to manufacture of footwear and flooring.
Some wineries are taking steps to ensure that their cork is harvested sustainably. For instance, Willamette Valley Vineyards uses cork stoppers harvested from responsibly managed forestlands certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
Energy Manager News
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED