Green Meetings and Events Guidelines Drafted
To help businesses conduct more environmentally conscious meetings and events, a new set of guidelines has been drafted by members of the Convention Industry Council.
The council’s Accepted Practices Exchange (APEX) Panel on Green Meeting and Event Practice has been working on the standards, along with the Environmental Protection Agency and the Green Meeting Industry Council.
The group has developed guidelines in each of these areas (click to read guidelines and leave comments):
- Food and Beverage
- Meeting Venue
- Onsite Office
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array