Solar Cuts Barsotti Juice’s Power Bill in Half
By adding solar arrays, Barsotti Juice Co. has reduced its electricity bill by 50 percent. Barsotti, known for its apple juice products, added dual axis solar trackers, which have a life span of 30 to 40 years, according to a press release.
So far, the system has exceeded estimated production by 10 percent.
The solar installation was managed by Premier Power Renewable Energy Inc.
Another California agricultural firm, Minturn Nut Co., recently added solar to its operations.
The system should generate more than 575,000 kwh of solar power annually, offsetting 90 percent of the electricity for one of Minturn’s meters.
The company estimates the installation, put in place by Cenergy Power, will pay for itself in four years.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE