Tide Encourages Energy Savings Through Cold Washing
In a new TV ad spot, Tide is urging consumers to save energy and “get out of the old and into the cold.” The ad promotes Tide’s Coldwater line of laundry detergent.
In the ad, Tide suggests that consumers can save up to $10 on their energy bill with every 100-ounce bottle of the detergent, by switching from the warm/cold setting to cold/cold for all loads “in a vertical axis washing machine with an electric water heater set at 140 degrees.”
In 2007, Procter & Gamble, maker of Tide and other detergents, switched to double-strength formulas of laundry detergent to reduce packaging and carbon footprint from distribution.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array