Tide Encourages Energy Savings Through Cold Washing
In a new TV ad spot, Tide is urging consumers to save energy and “get out of the old and into the cold.” The ad promotes Tide’s Coldwater line of laundry detergent.
In the ad, Tide suggests that consumers can save up to $10 on their energy bill with every 100-ounce bottle of the detergent, by switching from the warm/cold setting to cold/cold for all loads “in a vertical axis washing machine with an electric water heater set at 140 degrees.”
In 2007, Procter & Gamble, maker of Tide and other detergents, switched to double-strength formulas of laundry detergent to reduce packaging and carbon footprint from distribution.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.