Tide Encourages Energy Savings Through Cold Washing
In a new TV ad spot, Tide is urging consumers to save energy and “get out of the old and into the cold.” The ad promotes Tide’s Coldwater line of laundry detergent.
In the ad, Tide suggests that consumers can save up to $10 on their energy bill with every 100-ounce bottle of the detergent, by switching from the warm/cold setting to cold/cold for all loads “in a vertical axis washing machine with an electric water heater set at 140 degrees.”
In 2007, Procter & Gamble, maker of Tide and other detergents, switched to double-strength formulas of laundry detergent to reduce packaging and carbon footprint from distribution.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike