Tide Encourages Energy Savings Through Cold Washing
In a new TV ad spot, Tide is urging consumers to save energy and “get out of the old and into the cold.” The ad promotes Tide’s Coldwater line of laundry detergent.
In the ad, Tide suggests that consumers can save up to $10 on their energy bill with every 100-ounce bottle of the detergent, by switching from the warm/cold setting to cold/cold for all loads “in a vertical axis washing machine with an electric water heater set at 140 degrees.”
In 2007, Procter & Gamble, maker of Tide and other detergents, switched to double-strength formulas of laundry detergent to reduce packaging and carbon footprint from distribution.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management