Tide Encourages Energy Savings Through Cold Washing
In a new TV ad spot, Tide is urging consumers to save energy and “get out of the old and into the cold.” The ad promotes Tide’s Coldwater line of laundry detergent.
In the ad, Tide suggests that consumers can save up to $10 on their energy bill with every 100-ounce bottle of the detergent, by switching from the warm/cold setting to cold/cold for all loads “in a vertical axis washing machine with an electric water heater set at 140 degrees.”
In 2007, Procter & Gamble, maker of Tide and other detergents, switched to double-strength formulas of laundry detergent to reduce packaging and carbon footprint from distribution.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls