Brooklyn Tourism Firm to be 100% Powered by Solar
City Merchandise, a New York souvenir distributor, will be 100 percent powered by a 68.47 kW commercial solar system. Once complete, the array will be the largest such installation in Brooklyn, according to a press release.
The solar system for City Merchandise is being installed by Solar Energy Systems LLC.
The solar system fits in with New York’s state program, 45 by 15, which calls for the state to meet 45 percent of its energy needs through improved energy efficiency and adding renewables.
Solar is not the only way that metropolitan New York City is trying to make itself more sustainable.
For example, building owners in New York City who install green rooftops on at least 50 percent of available rooftop space can apply for a one-year property tax credit of up to $100,000.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight