Brooklyn Tourism Firm to be 100% Powered by Solar
City Merchandise, a New York souvenir distributor, will be 100 percent powered by a 68.47 kW commercial solar system. Once complete, the array will be the largest such installation in Brooklyn, according to a press release.
The solar system for City Merchandise is being installed by Solar Energy Systems LLC.
The solar system fits in with New York’s state program, 45 by 15, which calls for the state to meet 45 percent of its energy needs through improved energy efficiency and adding renewables.
Solar is not the only way that metropolitan New York City is trying to make itself more sustainable.
For example, building owners in New York City who install green rooftops on at least 50 percent of available rooftop space can apply for a one-year property tax credit of up to $100,000.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses