Brooklyn Tourism Firm to be 100% Powered by Solar
City Merchandise, a New York souvenir distributor, will be 100 percent powered by a 68.47 kW commercial solar system. Once complete, the array will be the largest such installation in Brooklyn, according to a press release.
The solar system for City Merchandise is being installed by Solar Energy Systems LLC.
The solar system fits in with New York’s state program, 45 by 15, which calls for the state to meet 45 percent of its energy needs through improved energy efficiency and adding renewables.
Solar is not the only way that metropolitan New York City is trying to make itself more sustainable.
For example, building owners in New York City who install green rooftops on at least 50 percent of available rooftop space can apply for a one-year property tax credit of up to $100,000.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016