U.S. Accounts for 55 Firms in Global Cleantech 100 Ranking
The Guardian and Cleantech Group LLC, have released their inaugural Global Cleantech 100 report that highlights the most promising private clean technology companies in the world. The report is segmented by geography and by industry sector.
The selection was based on results from hundreds of leading experts from cleantech innovation and venture capital companies in the EU, North America, India and China, along with an expert panel of 35, from organizations such as Altira Group, Crossover Advisors, Deloitte, Emerald Technology Ventures, Google, Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers, New York Stock Exchange, NGEN Partners, Nth Power, New Enterprise Associates, Sterling Communications, Tsing Capital and Vantage Point Venture Partners.
These experts believe these companies have ground-breaking low-carbon technologies to make them the most promising contenders to drive the planet to a greener and safer place, reports the Guardian. About 3,500 companies were nominated or considered for the global ranking.
The report finds that companies in energy sectors dominate the global list by sector, with 74 of the final 100 focused on energy generation, efficiency, storage and infrastructure.
More than half (56) of the companies listed by geography are headquartered in North America, 55 of them are based in the U.S., followed by European companies at 36. Five firms are based in Israel and three in India. China didn’t make the list.
Tesla Motors, SunEdison and Trilliant are among the U.S. companies on the list.
Energy Manager News
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers