Energy-saving Server Virtualization Adoption Reaches 46%
With companies facing depressed bottom lines, IT departments are finding ways to cut power use as a means of improving corporate financial performance.
Additionally, 46 percent of IT managers have adopted server virtualization, up from 35 percent in 2008.
About 52 percent of organizations that are actively working to reduce energy consumption are seeing tangible results of 1 percent or more in energy savings, according to the report. That’s up from 39 percent last year.
The effort is helped by the fact that Energy Star-rated computer equipment is becoming easier to identify in the purchasing process. About 83 percent of IT managers believe that Energy Star equipment is now easier to identify.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE