Online Tool Helps Truckers Plug In, Save Fuel
Corporations with their own delivery fleets can save fuel by having drivers take advantage of public truck stops that offer plug-ins so that engines don’t have to run while parked.
The Mobile Truck Stop Electrification Locator is a new Web-based tool from the Department of Energy.
From a cell phone, Blackberry or other mobile device, truckers can find detailed driving directions and a phone connection to the electrification station. Click here for a map of locations.
Truck stop electrification equipment manufacturers, including CabAire, Shorepower, IdleAire and EnviroDock, are working with the government to identify new sites as they come into service, according to a press release.
The EPA estimates that each electrified truck stop can help save up to $3,240 per truck parking space per year.
Energy Manager News
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant