GM, Mercedes, Lexus Make Biggest Gains in ‘Greening’ Cars
Chevrolet made the biggest year-to-year gain in “green” attributes for its 2010 model line, followed by GMC, Mercedes and Lexus, according to WhatGreenCar.
In other rankings, WhatGreenCar looked at which companies offer the “greenest” cars. Coming in at the top was Mini, followed by Pontiac, Volkswagen, Honda and Suzuki.
By contrast, the five worst polluting car brands are: Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce, Land Rover, Hummer and Isuzu.
Individual ratings for cars can be found here.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries