La Quinta, Shaw Recycle 30 Tons of Carpet
The old carpets were recycled from hotel renovations in Texas, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida, reports Hotels.com. The carpet is being sent to Shaw Industries’ Evergreen Nylon Recycling Center in Augusta, Ga.
Shaws Hospitality Group, a division of Shaw Industries, worked with La Quinta on the project.
La Quinta purchased Shaw’s Cradle-to-Cradle certified recycled carpet to replace the old carpet.
Since February of 2007, Shaw’s has recycled more than 204 million pounds of carpet through the Augusta facility.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures