La Quinta, Shaw Recycle 30 Tons of Carpet
The old carpets were recycled from hotel renovations in Texas, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida, reports Hotels.com. The carpet is being sent to Shaw Industries’ Evergreen Nylon Recycling Center in Augusta, Ga.
Shaws Hospitality Group, a division of Shaw Industries, worked with La Quinta on the project.
La Quinta purchased Shaw’s Cradle-to-Cradle certified recycled carpet to replace the old carpet.
Since February of 2007, Shaw’s has recycled more than 204 million pounds of carpet through the Augusta facility.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array