La Quinta, Shaw Recycle 30 Tons of Carpet
The old carpets were recycled from hotel renovations in Texas, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida, reports Hotels.com. The carpet is being sent to Shaw Industries’ Evergreen Nylon Recycling Center in Augusta, Ga.
Shaws Hospitality Group, a division of Shaw Industries, worked with La Quinta on the project.
La Quinta purchased Shaw’s Cradle-to-Cradle certified recycled carpet to replace the old carpet.
Since February of 2007, Shaw’s has recycled more than 204 million pounds of carpet through the Augusta facility.
Energy Manager News
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT