Proliferation of 400+ Green Seals Detracts From Message
There are so many seals and certifications related to “green” and environmental attributes of products and services that many such marks risk losing their effectiveness, according to 2009 Conscious Consumer Report from BBMG.
In fact, there are more than 400 such seals and certifications, BBMG found.
In general, consumers tend to trust government-approved and generic seals more than others.
Here is a look at consumers’ familiarity with various certifications.
Secondly, here’s a look at the impact on purchasing decisions from consumers’ viewing various seals.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- 365 Companies Throw Support Behind EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Server Virtualization Requires More Thought for Energy Use
- Cities Should Engage with the Clean Power Plan — Here’s How
- Tips for a Better BAS Investment
- CHP Power Plants with Fuel Cells Offered in Europe
- Only 5% of Small Buildings are Green Buildings
- CHP Integration and Maintenance
- Chicago Archdiocese to Energy Benchmark 2,700 Buildings