Proliferation of 400+ Green Seals Detracts From Message
There are so many seals and certifications related to “green” and environmental attributes of products and services that many such marks risk losing their effectiveness, according to 2009 Conscious Consumer Report from BBMG.
In fact, there are more than 400 such seals and certifications, BBMG found.
In general, consumers tend to trust government-approved and generic seals more than others.
Here is a look at consumers’ familiarity with various certifications.
Secondly, here’s a look at the impact on purchasing decisions from consumers’ viewing various seals.
Energy Manager News
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike
- MPSC Spurns Consumers Energy on Investment Recovery Mechanism, Cuts Rate Hike by 36.4%
- Pennsylvania PUC Pulls Licenses of 20+ Retailers
- CUB: 90% of Alternative Supplier Offers Are Money-Losers
- FERC Clears NV Energy Entry into Western EIM